Monday, December 08, 2008

Newbery Committee

I've been catching up with bloglines and found an interesting post on the ALSC Blog (Association for Library Services to Children): Have Suggestions for the 2009 Newbery Committee? It reads in part:

"2008 has been a great year filled with excellent books for youth and I’m sure you must have spent part of your Thanksgiving holiday reading. The 2009 Newbery Award Committee would like to hear from you. Please send suggestions to rose.trevino@cityofhouston.net and I’ll share suggestions with the committee."

"The 2009 Newbery Committee will review books with a 2008 copyright. Thanks in advance for any suggestions sent!" - ALSC Blog


I don't recall any open call for suggestions before (yes, I know there are online forms). Not much has been added ... but it's an interesting way to garner more input.

No comments: