Thursday, September 16, 2010

no more bloglines


I was somewhat distressed to see the above announcement regarding my Bloglines account last week. Sure I posted about downtime on more than one occasion, but I like using Bloglines and still find RSS feeds useful for following sites and other blogs. I had the account for four years, a lifetime on the web, and liked the simplicity of the layout and functionality. A statement from Bloglines was available on the Ask.com Blog post Bloglines Update (9-10-10).

With trepidation and annoyance and because I already have a Gmail account, I moved my feeds to Google Reader. I've been using Google Reader for a week; I am not particularly impressed. This is partly due to having to make the change - and a feeling that big brother is taking over the world.

It's only been a week.

No comments: