Monday, November 03, 2008

Cautiously optomistic

Barring any unforeseen circumstance such as the sky falling, the university server crashing, something I do not mention lightly as it is currently undergoing maintenance and I am unable to use it, or any other fickle whim of fate, the new library web site will be finished this week. I am not sure I have the words to express my unmitigated joy knowing it will be finished.

Yes, I know there will be bugs to work out.

Yes, I know we can not please everyone.

Yes, I know it will take time for the campus community to adjust to the new site (we are creatures of habit).

But the overall daily issues will be at an end. This has been an exhilarating and exhausting experience. I have learned so much more than additional web skills; specifically internal library employee structure and hierarchy. I may actually be able to face my computer in the evening and begin posting with regularity again. Regardless, I have two pages to complete and a site map to update this afternoon. I will look over everything again tomorrow and release it to the library director who will in turn determine when to contact the university web master to make the changes.

No comments: