Friday, January 12, 2007

A television commercial break ...

This post falls under that category of "if it interests me, I'll blog" option. I just checked my bloglines feeds and briefly perused a new post from Blogging Project Runway titled, Congratualtions Tim! Laura K. posts Tim Gunn will be getting his own TV show on Bravo (cool) called Tim Gunn's Guide to Style. The Bravo press release says:


"Gunn will use his style expertise to help ordinary people maximize their true fashion potential. Having spent countless years as chair of the Department of Fashion Design mentoring students and budding fashion designers, Gunn will put those same skills to work as he rescues people struggling with everything from a disastrous everyday wardrobe, to a special occasion that demands a revamped look. Gunn has an unmatched skill at helping people deal with any kind of predicament and gets the job done when the state of affairs seems grim." (MBCUMV, 1/12/07)

One of my new summer favorites, Eureka on SciFi, was picked up for thirteen new episodes. I spent some time during lunch looking at their webisodes (a hoot). It kind of helps lessen the pain of Stargate SG-1's imminent demise, so wrong, but bound to increase viewership for the remaining episodes this season. Gateworld has new information on the second half of the season for SG-1, slated to begin in April, because the season has already begun in the UK. Right now I am just glad SciFi has resumed showing old SG-1 episodes each evening.

Last night's episode, Chain Reaction .... "Have you heard of IKEA?"

The Save Stargate SG-1 web site posted in December, from the Gateworld site, that MGM was going to do SG-1 movie franchise straight to DVD.

"The producers announced in October that two SG-1 movies, likely direct-to-DVD, had been greenlit. The first will serve as the climax of the Ori story line, according to executive producer Brad Wright. It will be written by executive producer Robert C. Cooper. The second film will be written by Wright, and is said to deal with time travel." (Gateworld, 12/20/06)

Guess it's better than no SG-1 at all ...

And now I return to my regularly scheduled activities. The new term starts on Monday and I have to finish preparing for a WebCT course I am taking over as an adjunct for the college of education. I also need to finish up an update for my students on Tuesday and begin planning the final phase of the new resource center web page (re: getting it done).

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: