Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"Stimulating design meetings"

Preparing for this week's web design sub-committee meeting I found myself describing the session to my GA as a "stimulating design meeting." Now I am digging furiously through two of my Jayne Ann Krentz titles, Light in Shadow and it's sequel Truth or Dare, looking for the actual quote. While the main characters, newlyweds Ethan and Zoe, are discussing interior design, it's oddly reflective of my feelings regarding this web page endeavor.

"We've got one of our stimulating little design meetings scheduled today, don't we?" (Truth or Dare, p. 117)

... and I find myself waiting with hope in my heart to hear ...

"Sooner or later, you gotta have a little faith in your decorator. I always say."

"Actually, I'm quite positive that is the very first time that you ever said it in your entire live, but that's okay, I'll take it." (Truth or Dare, p. 180-181).

Today we spent an hour discussing the three sample pages I designed after last weeks meeting. I honestly do not have a problem answering questions about the samples and explaining how I arrived at the size and scope of the page to be inserted to the template. It is, however, frustrating to find myself answering questions that were explained in depth on the discussion page archive posted. I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time reassuring the committee instead of moving things along. As my boss succinctly put it today, one baby step forward at a time.

Now for the whining portion of this post and continuing the baby step analogy; we have been taking one step forward and two steps back since last October. It's time to take a giant step and get something accomplished. Tomorrow I will peruse my three favorite new books, all how-to manuals for Dreamweaver CS3, and prepare another front page sample.

Patience, I hear, is a virtue.

No comments: