Friday, February 23, 2007

Haphazard brain flashes

Welcome to Friday afternoon! A word of caution ... there really is no rhyme, reason, or cohesiveness to this post. I am a bit brain dead and the thoughts are flitting about looking for somewhere to land.

After listing to
Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day CD in the car I continue to hear echo's of Welcome to Wherever You Are in my head, hence the beginning of this post. A country music afficianado, I continue to have a Bon Jovi soft spot from my youth and there are several great tunes on this CD; including the duet with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland, Who Says You Can't Go Home . Also in the CD player today was a favorite, Brooks & Dunn's latest, Hillbilly Deluxe (get this CD!).

I have just returned from a meeting in Columbus and, as usual, ponder how it takes 1/2 hour less returning from Columbus than it takes to get there in the morning. The meeting was informative and the gossip intersperced entertaining; best of all was the chat accompanying my ceasar chicken sandwhich at Wolfgang Puck Express (Lane Avenue, near the OSU campus).

This evening I plan to curl up on my sofa, covered with a lovely green throw, and read Innocent in Death by J.D. Robb, aka Nora Roberts. I admit reading the blurbs about this one causing me some reader angst:

"Eve knows all too well that innocence can be a facade. Keeping that in mind may help her to solve this case at last. But it may also tear apart her marriage." (Jacket flap, Innocent in Death)


What! I am an end of the book reader, though not usually with authors I trust to end the book in way that makes me a happy girl, I opened the book to the last few pages to satisfy my curiosity. Naturally I could not let things go at that and hunted through the book for other key points. I am now able to read the book this evening with a secure heart. I will babble gleefully about this book after finishing it, at least once.

After spending yesterday working with changing over a collaborative library blog to the "new" blogger, I started looking at the way I'm using LibraryThing here for my recreational reading books. It did not take me long to enter in close to the 200 minimum titles for a free account, but now I have no room for recent reads. I have a complete list of my library somewhere. What I focus on here are current titles, both recreational and work related, I am considering deleting my existing library and adding in books as I read them. Naturally, I will also have to change the widget (I can not leave well enough alone) and fiddle with the blog side bar again.

Earlier this week I answered a call for articles for a new book being published about libraries. I sent in two ideas that were of interest to me and Thursday received an email welcoming the submissions for consideration. Now I have to write.

Tags: , , , ,

No comments: