Friday, June 15, 2007

The end of an era

Tonight was the next-to-last Stargate SG-1 episode on SciFi; next Friday is the final episode of the long running series. While I contend it has not been the same without Jack O' Neill (two L's) it is still sad to see it come to an end. There is to be a Stargate SG-1 marathon running beginning next Tuesday evening leading up to the final episode. Unfortunately, at least as far as viewing the final episode is concerned, I will be in Washington DC at ALA on Friday evening. I will definitely have to set the VCR so as not to miss all the action.

Here are a few SG-1 links:

I got a quick giggle when during tonights episode Vala was describing a dream she had to Daniel and Sam, a great Dancing with the Stars reference. One of the many reasons this particularly clever show will be missed. I have heard/read that Amanda Tapping will be taking over as commander of Stargate Atlantis starting next season. I'm hoping it also means a few well-placed guest appearances from favorite characters.


At least Eureka returns to SciFi on Tuesday, July 10th for the start of it's second season.


Tags: , ,

No comments: