Sunday, June 01, 2008

Shoot (the puck)

My vacation is officially at an end; I have previewed, read, and deleted work email. Tomorrow I will be attending one day of a two day retreat near Columbus and will have limited time to catch up on electronic communications. With luck I will get home in time to see game five of the Stanley Cup finals - Pens verses Wings. Things look bleak, it does indeed appear the Wings are simply a better team, but I can not abandon the boys of winter now!

If they would shoot the puck ...

After a weekend of the local FSN station showing Stanley Cup finals from 90-91 and 91-92, the similarities between those two teams and the current Pens are striking, right down to the limited number of shots on goal and outstanding play by the goalies (though never a big fan of Barasso, he was definitely key).

On a lighter note, check out the article about the "keeper of the cup" in The life of the Stanley Cup. I knew the cup ended up at the bottom of Mario's swimming pool, but did not know they had to use duct tape to keep it together after the incident.

Let's go Pens!

No comments: