Monday, January 12, 2009

And so it begins

Busy, busy, busy ...

Today is the first day of the spring 2009 academic term; it arrived with a little less enthusiasm than its predecessor, but there is also less confusion and more understanding of various technological quirks accompanying a new term. For the first time in a long time, many students have forgotten their passwords for the network as it requires students to change password at regular intervals (the last instance was prior to finals). We can help with ID numbers and usernames in the library, but only the IT department can assist with passwords. Hence the angst and lonely treks to IT.

I am once again working as an adjunct for the college of education teaching two classes, a lab class and an online educational/instructional technology course. I have several resource center class tours and introductory lab sessions scheduled for this week and an upcoming Mock Caldecott panel in early February which, in reality, is only three weeks from tomorrow (I'm ready!).

This week I need to register for ACRL! I've been emailing with my roommate and we have to make a few final decisions and register before the early-bird designation expires. Friday I'm meeting with my poster session buddies and we will be deciding on our poster for ACRL. It might seem early, but there will need to be lead time for the poster to go to the print shop - and - we are also presenting at a local conference the week before ACRL. We really should have looked at the calendar a bit more closely before submitting.

It's all very exciting, exhilarating, and even a bit overwhelming. But oddly enough, I keep thinking of that song from Santa Claus is Coming to Town: Put one foot in front of the other.

No comments: