Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weather Break: A View from my window



The radio just played "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and is now playing "Who Says You Can't Go Home?" ... huh, who says D.J.'s don't have a sense of humor?

After fighting my way through the frozen tundra and arriving at work on time this morning, classes were cancelled fifteen minutes later. This announcement was followed by notification of campus offices closing (a message received 30 minutes after the closing was an accomplished fact). Alas, we remain open with a skeleton crew.

The picture above is the main street outside the library. Yes, there is a road there; it's behind the second row of trees, before the white house. I am hoping someone clears it in the next few hours before I clean off my car and fight my way home again. I love winter.

No comments: