Monday, September 25, 2006

No blog kind of day

Instead of blathering endlessly about my crummy day, lately everyone wants a piece of me and I have been far from gracious in response, I am going to do something different.
Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day
By Judith Viorst

Beginning ...... "I went to bed with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"

To end ...."It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Some days are like that. Even in Australia."

If I Were In Charge of the World
By Judith Viorst

If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel oatmeal,
Monday mornings,
Allergy shots, and also Sara Steinberg.

If I were in charge of the world
There'd be brighter nights lights,
Healthier hamsters, and
Basketball baskets forty eight inches lower.

If I were in charge of the world
You wouldn't have lonely.
You wouldn't have clean.
You wouldn't have bedtimes.
Or "Don't punch your sister."
You wouldn't even have sisters.

If I were in charge of the world
A chocolate sundae with whipped cream
and nuts would be a vegetable
All 007 movies would be G,
And a person who sometimes forgot to brush,
And sometimes forgot to flush,
Would still be allowed to be
In charge of the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about that book (Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day) a lot today. It was one of my favories as a kid.

And it's been that kind of day.

-Karin (nirak.net)