Friday, July 13, 2007

More collection development

Yesterday’s Collection Development post just begs for a follow-up, here are a few titles I selected for purchase using Booklist, School Library Journal, and PW Children’s Bookshelf as main review resources. Additionally, there were a few key books purchased from Horn Book Magazine’s listing of Bilingual Books and one title we did not have from the 2007 Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards (it was 365 Penguins). I am going to link the titles to Amazon, but since two of the three issues I perused were the recent there is going to be lag time (yes, the dreaded embargo period) until they add the book reviews. This list is a sampling from the three carts of titles with notation of review resource when applicable and/or a brief reason why purchased:

It will be several weeks until these titles arrive. Luckily I will not have to wait until they are shelf ready before having the chance to browse. Collection development is an art, not a science, so I will cross my fingers that research, reviews, and common sense have resulted in good selections.

Tags: , ,

No comments: