Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Predicting the unpredictable

Will Harry live or die? Is Voldemort evil personified? Is Dumbledore really dead? Is Snape truly a bad guy? And what about Ron, Hermoine, and Ginny? Every day there is another article and one more prediction about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I am a Harry Potter fan, not fanatic - just a muggle born fan - and eagerly await the arrival of my copy (I ordered it through the library's book jobber) this week. It seems the only thing that can authentically be predicted is that people will invariably have predictons about the end!

Here are just a few "predictions" I found today:

I also found a very cool interactive prediction resource, Ultimate Deathly Hallow Prediction Exam from The Leaky Cauldron. Not for the faint of heart, this multi-part exam covers a plethora of possibilities for Harry. Users need only to enter a name and email address to become part of the fracas. Plus, you get a cool blog widget to let other people see your predictions. Alas I made it through only four of the quiz pages before my lunch hour was finished, but I will be able to return and finish at my leisure.

Hmmm, wonder if J.K. Rowling has taken the quiz? If so, she's messed up the curve for the rest of us seeing she's the only one who knows for sure how things end (okay, there are those editors and her husband, but still).


Update: 7/18/07

A Good Morning America Harry Potter teaser claiming to know the "secret" caught my attention this morning before work. I checked online and found Final Harry Potter Now in "Hollows" of Internet (shouldn't that be "hallows"?).

Tags: , , ,

No comments: