Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Blog Holiday: Thanksgiving

As mentioned in the previous post, tomorrow is the start of my Thanksgiving holiday break. Time to travel over the river and through the woods to see family and friends, cook and eat a traditional Thanksgiving feast, and begin the holiday shopping season. I have already begun to choose my shopping and cooking wardrobe for these events and it will include comfortable walking shoes, washable fabrics, and at least one outfit with an elastic waistband.

I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving season. This upcoming week marks a somewhat ominous anniversary for my family; the day after Thanksgiving last year my mother was hospitalized, the beginning of an eight month ordeal and journey of faith. After several life-saving procedures and surgeries, stays in six different hospitals, and months physical and occupational therapy, she is back home eager to partake of the upcoming holiday season. I have orders to make the chocolate pie everyone raved about last year; she wants her share! Don't get me started on the holiday fudge she missed ...

So on a lighter note,here are the results of yet one more blogthings quiz:

You Are 87% Thankful

You're an incredibly thankful person, and everyone around you feels very appreciated.

You inspire people to be more optimistic, forgiving, and grateful.




Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: