Saturday, December 08, 2007

Overheard

The grocery stores today were overflowing with customers. There were those stocking up before the "mixed bag" of precipitation due this evening (have enough milk and toilet paper?), some obviously stocking up on baking items, and many who were just doing their weekly grocery shopping routine. Personally, I was braving the madness of this particular store because I have recently developed a taste for chicken salad. Odd, but there you have it.

Leading into the bakery area, a smiling, pleasant employee was stationed offering cookies to customers. With a fresh cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing in my future, I declined. But while perusing the display I overheard the following between the employee and a two male customers:

Store employee: "Hello, would you like to sample a cookie?"

Male customer: "No, thank you. I just put in a fresh chew and don't want to waste it."

In the frozen food aisle of this same store I heard a woman offer to kiss her husbands ass. I moved quickly to pick up a package of Phidelphia cream cheese and was equally pleased not to be privvy to either what instigated the offer or her husbands charming response.

Really, you can't make this stuff up.

No comments: