Monday, July 21, 2008

The Hotel ...

My ALA conference blog posts have fallen a bit by the wayside due to my avoidance of all things computer. So, I have a bit of catching up to do. Attending ALA in Anaheim I followed my usual process of selecting a hotel; conference hotels were sold out and I utilized the map to locate properties near to the shuttle bus route. I finally settled on the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites. It was across the street from Disneyland, had two stars from AAA, appeared nice on the hotel website, was within walking distance (though a bit of a hike) to the conference center if need be, and was next door to an ALA hotel with shuttle service.

All things considered and because I do not want to expend an entire post trashing this establishment, I will simply state I have stayed in less attractive places. Waiting for the shuttle on my return trip I spent time talking with another librarian who mentioned the place could be described "care worn." It was convenient and I could hear the fireworks at Disneyland, enough said.

No comments: