Thursday, March 29, 2007

HP cover: Late to the party

Every children's literature blog I read yesterday afternoon (and Amazon) had this image of the cover art for J.K. Rowlings' last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In keeping with the better late than never scenario, I'm posting it here this morning along with links to three blogs I read yesterday detailing the unveiling:

Over at Buried, an interesting question was raised concerning PW's mention that "For the first time ever, the jacket image is a full wrap-around. On the front of the book"(PW, 3/28/07). She noted that all of the American covers of Harry Potter did indeed have full wrap-around cover art. I checked my copies this morning. She's right. Then, "e" at dulemba observed the likeness between the new HP cover art and our favorite Newbery book, Lucky. Hmmm, I bet that thrills and/or fuels the Newbery conspiracy theorists. Anyway, here is yesterday's news release from Scholastic.

It matter's not to me, I have had my copy (and a copy for my dad) on order from the library book jobber since before Christmas. July 21st is still four months away.


Update: Children's Bookshelf, Publisher's Weekly

Harry Potter Corner, by Sharon Maughn at the Children's Bookshelf, has several points of interest for HP fans including this ...

"A look at the full spread, including back cover, reveals Harry's skeletal nemesis, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, blood-red eyes peering from his cloak, reaching out toward the young wizard. Let the speculation begin: A battle to the death? The end of Hogwarts? The end of the world? The theories are sure to run rampant as readers analyze the jacket for clues about Rowling's final installment of the series, set to run 784 pages with a record-setting first printing of 12 million copies. 113 days and counting…." (Maugh, PW, 3/29/07).


Tags: , , ,

No comments: