Sunday, March 04, 2007

Statistical curiousity

No, this is not a post on any the three topics I introduced yesterday, but I do have one drafted and will be posting it later today. It is, unfortunately or fortunately, one more bow to my freakishly annoying fixation with blog statistics.

A couple of days ago I noticed that while I had burned feeds and added an appropriate number of "chicklets" to other blogs I use, for some reason I had not done so here. I quickly remedied that oversight (hence the addition of Hypothetical Feeds on the sidebar) and this afternoon determined it might be fun to see how the site states from Feedburner compared to my statistics from StatsCounter.

In the short amount of time it has taken my to create this post there have already been two visitors, eight page views, two visits defined as "incoming" (both from my blogger ID), and one visit defined as "outgoing." Neither of these options for blog statistics are infallible, but it might be fun to compare.

Yes, I know, it is a sickness of sort. But the first step is admitting the problem, right?

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

The Buried Editor said...

You always have the best new toys. I hadn't even heard of Feedburner until now. I went and set up an accound. It's fantastic fun.

And thanks for the mention the other day. Oh, and if you do like covers my blogs about to become fun. I've got all sorts of cover art coming in the next 6 months.