Monday, April 09, 2007

Hypothetical musings: vocabulary, part 2

Yes, I lied.

I would say I'm sorry, but it would be another lie.

This is one more post about completing my performance evaluation for the past academic school year. I started thinking last evening after finishing the previous post and early today I took a quick look at my evaluation and pulled out a few of the "action" words I used in my statements of goals fulfilled:

appointedrecruitedassessed
designedevaluatedfulfilled
providedguidedfacilitated
acceptedutilizedconducted
purchasedaddressedintegrated
finalizedattendedestablished
participatedpresentedpublished
hiredcreatededited

Naturally, some are better than others, but all in all it is not a bad representation and it reflects a portion of my daily activities in the library. I checked our catalog holdings for resume books this morning; there are over 60 of them catalog, including several electronic books. With one month left in the term (not counting finals), most of them are currently circulating.

Let's not talk about what a royal pain it was to created a viable table for this blog post. One would think you could copy and paste from word, or even a lovely web editor such as dreamweaver, with a modicum of success (to be fair, it was a modicum of success and I was not satisfied). I had to hand code the table into this post.

Tags:
, ,

No comments: