Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thinking, writing, blogging

This has been one of the most hectic back to school sessions I can remember; it probably has something to do with the sheer volume of things unaccomplished over the summer for one reason or another. Shelf shifting in the resource center is complete and did result in one glorious and completely empty section of shelving (time to hunt catalogs and buy new materials kits). With luck, we will all be finished sniffling and sneezing when at work. Cleaning while shifting is necessary, but it makes for a dusty environment. Especially when the carpet is 30 years old and sheds fiber day in and day out.

Sorry ... I digress.

Hectic at work translates to very little patience with the computer and blogging at home. It also means a lack of blog focus mixed in with some blogger's block. I am a bit dissatisfied with blogs I am reading, as well as with the one's I am writing. Instead of posting drivel - well aside from now - I chose not to blog.

On the other hand, lunch in my new office has meant lovely quiet time to read and digest (both books and food). I have read two really wonderful juvenile fiction titles in the last week, both set during the era of Civil Rights. I have hesitated writing about them to be sure I take the time to do the discussion justice. This week is the scheduled Mock Caldecott session with one of the children's literature classes. I will definitely report on the conclusion of the session.

Right now, I'm going to watch the end of Men in Black II and look at the new drapes/panels in my bedroom.

No comments: