Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Happy New Year complete with snow and hockey

Winter weather warnings, advisories, and suggestions of snow accumulation upwards of six inches possibly enhancing my holiday return trip resulted in a quick exit from the home front late this morning. Driving through rain, snow, fog, and mist was a joyous way to begin the New Year, but I was able to arrive here in time to see most of Hockey's Winter classic played this afternoon featuring the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres in Buffalo, New York. Both teams wore “retro” team jerseys, the Pen’s donned baby blue ones I had never actually seen worn in a game before today (I’m a Lemieux era fan). The game itself was vastly entertaining; especially ending in a shoot-out. I, for one, was just happy to see the Pen’s play hockey!

I have one day of vacation remaining that will allow me to unpack at my leisure and relax tomorrow ... and shovel snow if necessary. If the forecasted snow is not realized, I will be highly irritated (okay, pissed) at missing prime shopping opportunities (with coupons), a nice lunch of requisite sauerkraut and kielbasa (pork for New Years), and an undoubtedly wonderful nap. Happy New Year!

Tags: , ,

No comments: