Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Picasa @ lunch, part deux

Today's lunchtime post focus is Historical Philadelphia. Though not able to carve out a large chunk of time to do the "tourist" thing while at midwinter, I had promised my sister (a third grade teacher) to try and get a few history and social studies photos of the area.

A late entrant to the ALA affiliated hotels was a Holiday Inn Express located two blocks from Independence Mall. I had and hour and a half break in the middle of Saturday and took the bus from the Convention Center to the aforementioned hotel. Once there, I was able to take a brisk walk and see the Independence Hall Visitors Center, The Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall (I did not get to go inside), and Carpenters' Hall before catching the bus back. It was a chilly, sunny, nice afternoon.

No comments: