Friday, July 14, 2006

Same subject, different day

Thanks to an email from Robin, I took the time this morning to read through reviews on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas from Amazon UK. There are not any professional journal reviews, but there are a plethora (33 when I looked) of opinions from readers already familiar with the book. I could easily characterize them as positive; an abundance of them posted call it moving, beautiful, heartfelt, and profound.

There was one reviewer who pointed out many of the historical inaccuracies, making valid points concerning research that may have been missed by the author. I would hazard a guess since this book is being touted as a "fable" they were purposely left out of the telling. Now, I'm wondering what other information is available concerning this book. How is the publisher publicizing?

Actually, it looks like the publisher isn't publicizing. Very little info is available and it seems the publisher is doing that purposely. Here is some of what I found:

Tags: , ,

No comments: