Thursday, March 20, 2008

In brief: Recreational reading

I have been seriously remiss concerning posting both juvenile book reviews and discussing recreational reading materials. With the focus at work on web pages and Meebo, I have not opened a new juvenile book in what seems like forever; this is something I hope to change in the upcoming weeks. A few titles have been added to my recreational reading shelf, three of them are:

First on the list is J.D. Robb's newest "In Death" entry, Strangers in Death. I know I complained profusely about not being able to get this title at the stupid Wal-Mart locally, they had shelves of Grisham, King, and Patterson but no J.D. Robb or Jayne Ann Krentz. Why? I was, however, able to purchase it easily at a Giant Eagle outside of Pittsburgh (thank you very much). Interested in learning more? There is a excerpt of Strangers in Death on the J.D. Robb website.

I have recently finished Linda Fairstein's newest Alexandra Cooper thriller, Killer Heat. I enjoyed this one much more than the previous title (I have yet to finish). Interested in more?

Check out Fairstein's web site; choose Killer Heat from the novel menu and listen to and/or read the first chapter. Additionally, there is a podcast where readers can listen to Fairstein discuss her novels and utilize a reading guide complete with discussion questions.

A few days ago I started reading Lady Killer, by Lisa Scottoline. This title returns to the all female Philadelphia law firm and features fan favorite Mary DiNunzio. I am having some trouble immersing myself with this title, but will be happy to see how Judy and Bennie are as I move along through the story. The first chapter of Lady Killer is available on Scottoline's web site.

I noticed this afternoon that a new Jonathan Kellerman novel has arrived for the library's recreational reading section. Still in the box and wrapper it is difficult to determine what the title may be, but if Amazon is to be believed it is Compulsion, an Alex Delaware novel.

Time will tell. More about these titles on another post ... if I remember!

No comments: