Sunday, June 04, 2006

Zoo, Zoo, Zoo, The Pittsburgh Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

Anyone of a certain age from the burgh, sing along ...

There's family fun for everyone at the (clap, clap) Pittsburgh Zoo, Yah!

Memorial Day - 91 lovely degrees - and I went to the zoo with my sister, brother-in-law, and four year old niece. The air smelled like sunscreen and, well, zoo animals. A slight breeze carried the whines and joys of the crowd. Who is the poor, dumb animal? I am pretty sure I heard snickers from the otters and penguins as they frolicked joyfully in the air conditioned PPG acquarium.

I was impressed with the how kid friendly the zoo had become over the years. There were slides and rides as well as the requisite petting zoo. I did wonder about a few things as we walked through the attractions (exhibits?). Whose bright idea was it to put flamingos next to the tigers?What were they thinking having a rope bridge, one that bounced as we walked across it no less, above the alligator?

No comments: