Thursday, May 25, 2006

Social Tools

Finished reading most of the Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts book today at lunch. I had to skim the last few chapters so as to return the book at the end of the day. I already had it out 10 days overdue, so it was time. Actually, I'm going to buy a copy for myself. Yes, it's that useful. One of the chapters dealt in part with using, you guessed it, delicious. It's everywhere! I don't remember the exact phrasing used, but Richardson touched on the idea of delicious being more of a social tool than a personal tool; using it to see what other people who like the same things you do are bookmarking.

Okay, I'll buy that. Still not sure I am sold on it for personal usage, but I very much see how it would be useful in a classroom and with the blogging workshop I am to attend. Speaking of the workshop, we were all issued invitations to post as well as comment on the facilitator blog. That makes the whole thing more useful in my estimation. What good is a collaborative blog workshop when attendees can not post questions, comments, and issues we hope to raise?

No comments: