Monday, October 22, 2007

Well, fine

Last evening I got home in time to see the Steelers defense, with 1:10 left in the game, virtually hand the ball to Denver's offense; "hey, go ahead and kick a field goal to win this game." Guess the high altitude was getting to them and it was time to go home - well, fine.

Last evening I got home in time to see the Indians lose to the Red Sox. Looks like things kind of fell apart for them at the end. I think the weird day off between games four and five, probably placed there because the national league teams were still to be playing, messed with the Indians mojo. Well, fine, now there is no reason for me to watch the World Series.

This morning, because I am a bit obsessive, maybe appropriately compulsive, though both are kinder than anal, I checked the new library web page samples from my dinosaur computer at home this morning. The changes made late last evening look better. I will be interested, or in all honesty maybe not so much, to hear how the others view the burgeoning page. Either way, it's a starting point and there is no turning back.

And now, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. A perfect day for a road trip; the sun is shining and it is my day off. I am going to gather my things and embark on a shopping trip. Thursday and Friday I will be attending an academic library conference in Columbus, I am shallow enough to want something new to wear, and I have coupons!

No comments: