Thursday, October 26, 2006

Foil art in the library

A lot of interesting items get left in library. Besides the regular items of disks (not so much now with pen drives), pictures in the scanners, notebooks, projects, and the occasional pair of glasses, we often get the same things you find in a classroom when winter arrives, hats, gloves, scarves, umbrellas, and the like. Last week someone left a dirty bowl and a fork. I understand a bowl and spoon, but a fork? Anyway, this morning as I was powering up computers I noticed the lovely foil swan pictured to the left. I have to say this is the first time anyone has left us art. It made me chuckle and I left it out there for the next person to get a laugh.

It is Halloween treat bag morning. After filling twelve of the suckers, complete with Ellison letter pumpkin shaped name tags. I am a bit sugared up from sampling the goods and wondering if before nine is an appropriate time for Halloween candy. Usually I would say any time is a time for chocolate, but I can feel the buzz in my head and am grateful no one has any questions for me and my chocolate breath. Anyway, the treats are not only fun, but also a pick-me-up from surviving finals week. There are no breaks now until Thanksgiving and sugary treats are good for morale.


Tags: , , ,

No comments: