Monday, October 30, 2006

Watching the clock

Looking at the magic of three. In retail, we displayed things in groups of three to give the eye something to look at, an interesting balance of sorts. It's still something I do, sometimes without thinking, when creating library displays, web pages, and even groups of photos at home. Today was a three day, only I noticed it in regard to time. Specifically the change to daylight savings. I won't whine about getting an extra hour sleep or being able to drive to work in the daylight. I will say I feel like a baby who has had her sleep pattern disrupted because it's only 9:30 pm or so and I am soooooo sleepy.

I am still updating various clocks at home to reflect daylight savings. Thank heavens the computer and my alarm clock update on their own so I at least have two places with the right time. I cannot seem to find the directions for changing the time on the CD player so the car has been an hour ahead all summer. It does not really matter since I use it to play music, not to know what time it is, but I have to admit it was sometimes disconcerting to get in the car if I was running late and not be sure ... now it has the right time. If only I had set my watch.

After publishing the previous post I viewed it to see how things looked, it's a sickness, right up there with the statistics obsession, and noticed the time stamp on the post, 2:54 pm. Interesting, I never noticed before by Blogger does not date stamp the time a post is published, but the time it was created. I wrote/compiled/created that post at home this evening, but added the photos from work and saved it as a draft because the Internet connection is vastly superior to what I'm using now (shocking). I don't know that it really matters, however it is interesting.

Mid-way through lunch today, about 1:45 pm, it dawned on me I had a meeting scheduled at the College of Ed building at 2:00 pm. I rushed my last bite of Fritos, filled my drink (needed the cola fix) and rushed back to the library to get my stuff, only to find my calendar said the meeting was at 4 pm and not 2 pm. I was so sure. Enough so that I call the queen of all important matters, the administrative assistant, to verify times before I went running over for a nonexistent meeting. Praise be the meeting was at four and I found remembered the two o'clock meeting time is for the 13th, a different committee at the College of Ed.

Time is on my side and I'm beat. I may just turn in early in an attempt to get things back into rhythm for tomorrow.

No comments: