Saturday, October 21, 2006

Blogging is for kids

I just finished reading the post New UK Student Bloggers from Will Richardson's Weblogg-ed News. The post links to a minimal blog created for the session that includes links to the student blogs. Will asked readers of Weblogg-ed, and there are over 3,000 of them using bloglines, to take a few minutes to look at and possibly comment on a few of the blogs. So, I did.

As an adult I get caught up with "professional" blogs, making sure all the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" are crossed, and sometimes forget one of the things that drew me to blogs ... they are fun. I read through all in less than twenty minutes as most had short posts, none are as wordy as I tend to be. I found it reassuring that boys will be boys, the bulk of the blogs created by the male students had the same two topics, cars and football (soccer to me). I left a couple of comments because it is cool to get your first blog comment. If memory serves my first comment on this blog was from Will Richardson when I blathered on about his book in a post on April 25th. Actually, after browsing through the April archive, my second blog comment was from Will as well, what a pal. It only seemed fitting I pass it on and comment on the UK student blogs.


Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Will Richardson said...

Hey Lynn,

Seems I haven't commented in a while...;0)

Thanks for following up with some of those kids...they were a great group.

Best,

Will