Friday, August 24, 2007

"You Never Take Me Dancing"

It's Friday and the countdown to a new semester has finished. Monday is the first day of the 2007-2008 school year and I still have one more handout to complete for my WebCT course. This evening I downloaded a thirty-day demo of GradeQuick software, successful even with my dial-up connection, and was able to complete the accompanying handout for using our licensed version.

It's Friday and so very hot here (95 degrees thank-you-very-much) I no longer wonder why I moved back north from South Carolina all those years ago. It is so hot I can't concentrate on writing anything resembling a content driven post. My attention span is so tiny I watched portions of CMT's Trick My Truck, they did an ice cream truck, and TLC's What Not to Wear. Shopping and ice cream, win-win.

It's Friday and on my way back from a technology workshop this afternoon I stopped at retail's evil empire and treated myself to a book and new music; Suzanne Brockmann's newest, Force of Nature and Travis Tritt's CD, The Storm, featuring "You Never Take Me Dancing." I'm listening to it as I write this post, what a very fine CD for a steamy evening. He's been making good music for so long it is easy to take his talent for granted. The man can sing.

Lastly, it's Friday and I am really excited about the workshop/faculty learning community I attended this afternoon. We are going to meet and explore different technologies and how they may be used in the classroom and/or library to benefit students. This is a great opportunity for me to not only increase my technological "savvy," but also a wonderful networking opportunity being part of a campus wide faculty community.

"You give me all that I want of your money, baby
But you never take me dancing ..."

No comments: