Friday, August 31, 2007

It's Blog Day 2007

Thanks to Library Garden wishing everyone a Happy Blog Day this afternoon, I did not miss Blog Day 2007 (checking through old posts I did lament missing the 2006 exercise by two days last year). The Blog Day 2007 web site defines their endeavor as the following:

"BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest."

"On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors. With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs. " (What is Blog Day, 8/31/07)


I have to admit my Bloglines account has not been updated in more days than I care to consider; yes, I am a bit complacent concerning the number of current feeds (64). And while in theory I like the Blog Day activity of pointing out my favorites to anyone reading this blog, in practice I do not have an interest in "tagging" my favorites and attempting to piggy back on their readership. So I will do half of what is asked - I will recommend five of my current favorites, but will not actually visit the blog in question telling them I recommended them.

Reading over the previous paragraph, it makes sense to me. Of course, I may be the only person to whom it does make sense. It's a chance I am willing to take this first day of the last vacation period during the academic year until Thanksgiving (but I'm not bitter).

Here are five from my current list. Just remember, I am incredibly blog fickle:

  • Unshelved: "A comic strip about a library."
    Technically, this is part blog and part daily comic. Either way, it is good for a chuckle.
  • Running With Quills: A collaborative author blog featuring Susan Anderson, Stella Cameron, Lori Foster, Jayne Ann Krentz, Elizabeth Lowell, Elizabeth Guest, and often a Myster Blogger.
    "We know blogs are hot. We love the whole idea of doing blogs. We view blogs as a Great Leap Forward in the world of author-reader communication. But we won't kid you, the sad truth is that none of us has the time and energy to keep our own individual blogs going. However, in a burst of absolute desperation, we have banded together in the hope that we can inspire (read: nag and harass) each other into maintaining a group blog. We shall see how it goes. Meanwhile, offered below are some glimpses into the writing life."
  • Argh Ink: Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer: Bob Mayer
    "More than you ever wanted to hear from Jenny Crusie" and "Just another WordPress weblog."
  • Blogthings
    "The Newest Quizzes From Blogthings, The Place For Cool Things to Put In Your Blog"
  • Library of Congress Blog
    "Light and liberty go together."

It's a mish-mash collection/listing of blogs, not particularly cohesive, or posted in any particular order. I should move out of my blog comfort zone and research new and exciting blogs to read. But, it's Friday and I am whiny. I survived the exhausting first full week of classes. I am packing for a trip to PA over Labor Day.

Maybe later. Happy Blogging!


Tags: , ,

No comments: